MARTIN LUTHER QUIZ (1483-1546)
1. Luther questioned the canonicity or inspired nature of four books of the New Testament. Which NT books?
2. When Martin Luther wrote his German translation of the Bible, he added a word where it had never appeared in the text previously. What word was it?
3. After seeing how the Protestant movement (the “protest” of the Catholic Church) was causing a domino effect of division after division among Protestants, what did Martin Luther say would need to happen?
5. Which of the following is NOT true about Luther?
6. All of these individuals believed and taught the perpetual virginity of Mary (i.e. that Mary remained a virgin after giving birth to Jesus) with the exception of:
7. What did Luther write was permissible in the Bible?
“…with regard to God, and in all that bears on salvation or damnation, [man] has no ______________ but is a captive, prisoner and bondslave, either to the will of God, or to the will of Satan.”
9. What book of the Bible was Luther referring to when he said: “I feel an aversion to it, and to me this is a sufficient reason for rejecting it.”
10. Fill in the blank for this 1523 Luther quote:
“Whoever possesses a good faith, says the ______________ without danger.”
a. Lord’s Prayer
b. Hail Mary
c. Glory Be
11. In 1519, Luther wrote: I never approved of a ___________, nor will I approve of it for all eternity.”
a. Bible tax
12. What was Martin Luther before he started Protestantism?
a. Buddhist monk b. Catholic monk c. Detective Monk
13. How did Luther describe contraception?
a. "a sin greater than adultery and incest"
b. "a sin equal to adultery and incest"
c "permissible if the husband is unable to refrain from relations one week each month."
Back to StillCatholic.com
Quick Links: Catholic Encyclopedia, Bible, Catechism, Catechism by Topic, Jesus Christ, Vatican Web Site, Catholic Answers, Vatican Radio, U.S. Bishops, Saints, Catholic News Service, Catholic World News, Zenit (Pope News), Catholic Blogs, Catholic Information Network, St. Peter, Patron Saints, Church Fathers, St. Augustine, The 21 Ecumenical Councils, Eternal World Television Network (EWTN), Catholic Almanac, Our Sunday Visitor, Ignatius Press, Tan Books, Google News, Doctors of the Catholic Church, Ave Maria Singles, Mass Times.org, Marriage Encounter, Today's Mass Readings, Scripture and Tradition, Movie Reviews, Real Presence Association, Eucharist, Order of the Mass, Church History, Catholic Reformation, Annulments, Natural Family Planning, Catholic Apologetics, How to Say the Rosary, the Seven Sacraments, Lent, Purgatory, Heaven, Hell, Catholic Colleges, Mother Teresa of Calcutta, St. Catherine of Siena, St. Padre Pio, St. Francis of Assisi, Pope John Paul II, Pope Benedict XVI, Catholic Distance University, St. Paul Center for Biblical Theology, Dr. Scott Hahn, Jimmy Akin, Michael Dubruiel, Amy Welborn, Catholic Exchange, Catholic Apologetics Network, Biblical Evidence for Catholicism, Catholic Apologetics Links, Catholic Apologetics (Coronum), Scripture Catholic, Catholic Theology Articles, Theology Library, National Catholic Bioethics Center, Catholic Culture, Summa Theologica, Confessions, City of God, G.K. Chesterton, Existence of God, Still Catholic
Back to www.StillCatholic.com